WFX Group Project
I. TOPIC AND ARTICLES APPROVED
Grp 1 “Data Augmentation of Wearable Sensor Data for Parkinson’s Disease Monitoring using Convolutional Neural Networks”
Grp2 FOMO, Digital Dementia, and Our Dangerous Experiment
Grp 3 Meet ‘Norman,’ the Darkest, Most Disturbed AI the World Has Ever Seen
Grp 4 The Health Risks of Lead and Cadmium in Foodstuffs for the General Population of Taiwan by Ching-Chang Lee, Han-Ting Huang, Yi-Chen Wu, Ya-Chen Hsu, Yi-Ting Kao and Hsiu-Ling Chen
Grp 5 ?
Grp 6 Politics of Scientific Knowledge
Grp 7 Architecture – How floating architecture can save at risk cities
Grp 8 Sex Differences in Sports Interest and Motivation: An Evolutionary Perspective
Grp 9 Performance indicators for a circular economy: A case study on post-industrial plastic waste (Huysman et al., 2016
Grp 10 A newly discovered prime number makes its debut
Grp 11 Adding Fish Oil to Whey Protein , Leucine, and Carbohydrate Over a Six-Week Supplementation Period Attenuates Muscle Soreness Following Eccentric Exercise in Competitive Soccer Players.
Grp 12 How bilinguals process languange by University of California – Riverside
Grp 13 For health: Scientists found a ‘new organ,’ but it might not be what you’re expecting: The interstitium helps hold our organs together, but it might do more than that.
Grp 14 For animals: Frog skin secretions offer the first ray of hope in a deadly fungal epidemic
Grp 15 ?
Grp 16 Ethics for Robots as Experimental Technologies
Grp 17 Fluorescent Chemosensors as Future Tools for Cancer Biology
Grp 18 Press media reporting effects on risk perceptions and attitudes towards genetically modified (GM) food
Grp 19 A ‘bridge of stars’ connects two of our closest galaxies
Grp 20 Technology-Enhanced Learning in Sports Education Using Clickers: Satisfaction, Performance and Immediacy’
1 One article about the study
2. For format see the following :
— Grammar, spelling and punctuation – http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/news-style-guide/article/art20130702112133530
— Style — http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/news-style-guide
— Scientific Notation to be used in citing reference see link —
3. Read and view the following before doing your project :
— WRITING FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE: SCIENCE JOURNALISM – http://ase.tufts.edu/biology/labs/pechenik/documents/scienceJournalism.pdf
— How to write a science news story based on a research paper — https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/28/news-story-research-paper-wellcome-trust-science-writing-prize
— Secret of Good Science Writing (Several articles) https://www.theguardian.com/science/series/secrets-science-writing
— Bill Bryson: ‘Science is fundamentally amazing’ – video
4. The article should be in a word document.and at least 1000 words.
5. One audio or video presentation should accompany the biography. Minimum of 5 minutes and maximum of 15 minutes.
6. Photos properly attributed should also be included
7. The Coordinators will also submit an appraisal spreadsheet of the group members. The appraisal should include contribution of each member and score ( 1 to 25)
8. The group members will also submit an appraisal spreadsheet of the coordinators. The appraisal should include contribution of each member and score ( 1 to 25)
8 The Group Project file is to be submitted on the last day of class saved in a thumb drive. Thumb-drives will be made available.
9. Deadline for the group project is on May 16